Pages

Friday, September 1, 2017

Getting to know the Amazing Artists of OQS





"Hello My Amazing Artists"! 
"Hello My Amazing Art Teacher"! 

This is how we will begin our art classes. Why not set the right tone!?

In our first few classes, we'll be establishing our routines and learning where supplies are. I will be teaching lots of artistic behavior and expect these artists to learn what it means to be an artist - through creative thinking, exploring different mediums and caring for the art studio, specifically cleaning up.

One new artist tool is the artist's portfolio. Each artist will have a portfolio where work can be safely stored and kept organized.


We also met Mona.


This is a new routine we'll be practicing. When I say  "My amazing artists... Show me Mona" the students will copy this pose - with their eyes on me, mouth closed, sitting still and hands (empty) in their laps.  It's a quick and fun way to get my artists' attention so they can hear new instructions or information.

Over the next three weeks we will be working on an all school collaborative project. We hope to have something wonderful to share with you all at open house.

No comments:

Post a Comment